GoStudent is a platform for online teaching and is the future of tutoring. The EdTech company was founded in Vienna in 2016 by Felix Ohswald and Gregor Müller. Currently, GoStudent is operational in 15 markets. Via its platform, GoStudent provides paid, one-to-one, video-based tuition to primary, secondary, and college-aged students in20+ subjects, using a membership model. Lessons are booked via the GoStudent platform and accessed using a computer or a mobile device. During each tutoring session, students and tutors interact live in a virtual classroom. Integrated features, such as a whiteboard and the option to share a screen and edit documents together, are included. The cornerstone of this concept was laid in 2015 by Felix Ohswald and Gregor Müller when they established a WhatsApp-based homework chat service for students.
"We are building the #1 global school! Why? Because we want to enable every student in the world to unlock their full potential – through affordable and inspiring classes from top teachers."
- Legal Name - GoStudent GmbH
- Company Type - For Profit
- Headquarters Region - EU
- Founded Date - 2016
- Founders - Felix Ohswald, Ferdinand von Hagen, Gregor Müller
- Headcount - 1001 - 5000 employees
- Last Funding Type - Series D (Total funding, 6 rounds - $686.3M)
- Backing VCs - Left Lane Capital, SoftBank Vision Group, Tencent, Dragonner Investment Group, Coatue, Prosus, Deutsche Telekom, DN Capital
- Business Model - B2C
- YouTube channel
- Contact Email