Newsela is an Edtech startup that takes real and new content from trusted providers and turns it into learning materials.
Newsela takes authentic, real-world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction-ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 2.5 million teachers and 37 million students have registered with Newsela for content that’s personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 14,000 texts on its platform and 10 new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Everything we do is in support of one single, ambitious goal: Meaningful classroom learning for every student.
- Legal Name - Newsela, Inc.
- Company Type - For Profit
- Headquarters Region - New York, New York, United States
- Founded Date - 2013
- Founders - Dan Cogan-Drew, Matthew Gross
- Headcount - 501 - 1000 employees
- Last Funding Type - Series D (Total Funding: $172.2M)
- Backing VCs - Franklin Templeton Investments, TCV
- Business Model - B2B
- YouTube channel
- Contact Email