Manager, Business Operations
Chegg’s culture celebrates leadership at all levels and does not discriminate based on job descriptions or titles. The culture is open, with our “fast feedback” system implemented to encourage transparency. You will be given the latitude to drive and stretch to deliver mutual goals. Role
Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, the Business Operations Manager will be responsible for managing performance and developing investment cases across Chegg’s Learning Services group. As a part of their responsibilities, the Manager will be engaged in constant dialogue between company executives and functional leaders across the organization. The right person will be a storyteller, data-driven, ruthless in prioritization, and passionate about business levers.
The Business Operations team is divided by region and operational focus (monetization, and discovery, and engagement). The team provides business-critical insights using analytics, ensures cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams steward new initiatives forward.
This individual will manage a team of associates and oversee business performance across our portfolio of student-facing products. This role is responsible for the management of operational levers, such as churn, core content consumption metrics, cross-product utilization, etc.Responsibilities And Requirements
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Responsible for spearheading smaller projects and enjoys rolling up your sleeves to deliver results resourcefully
- Proactive and self-starting. A seasoned, experienced professional who is motivated to drive a project to completion with limited supervision
- Drive customer and revenue growth in our businesses via investments in product, content, and technology
- Play a central role in contract negotiations, content investments, and product expansion, ensuring that we utilize deeply studied models, scenario analysis, and competitive research
- Examine existing business operations to identify gaps and opportunities
- Create an analytical and research-based approach to expanding into new customer segments, product categories, and content areas
- Collaborate with analytics, data science, and consumer insights to convert data into narratives
- Work closely with finance to spearhead our forecast and ensure delivery of our operational targets
- Develop relationships with decision-makers across various functional organizations to gain a deep understanding of their needs, gaps, and opportunities
- Present regularly to the C-team and operational leaders on insights and strategic recommendations
- Manage a team of associates and ensure prioritization of programs
- Serve as a true leader that can inspire and coach the business operations team and the broader organization
All individuals should hold the following qualifications, or have equivalent experience, as applicable. All individuals should be able to provide examples of the indicated skills and competencies.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in management consulting, business operations, corporate strategy, or equivalent experience in a technology/media company
- Meaningful operational and strategic experience, preferably at a fast-growing company
- Extensive financial modeling experience and/or deep understanding of how key business drivers affect a company’s financials
- Demonstrated ability to drive business insights and operational improvement in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Highly analytical and creative thinker with strong business judgment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Experience in communicating and interacting with executive-level personnel to share, inform, improve and maintain an open dialogue
- Passion for improving people’s lives through education
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.Video Shorts
Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Thinkful (a Chegg Online Learning Service): https://www.thinkful.com/about/#careersChegg out our culture and benefits!
http://techblog.chegg.com/Chegg is an equal opportunity employer