Come shape the future of education with us.
We are Compass - smart school management in one connected platform. We believe that time spent in the classroom should be for learning and teaching.
Our two co-founders John and Lucas met over a team lunch and while chowing down on their cafeteria sandwiches they bonded over their unapologetically nerdy love for education technology. After months of white-boarding and long days spent writing thousands of lines of code, Compass 1.0 came to life in 2009 in Lucas’ parents' garage.
Fast forward a decade - it’s no longer just John and Lucas eating sandwiches at the lunch table. Our school management ecosystem is now used in more than 2,000 schools across Australia and beyond. We’re joined by over 200 members of the Compass team, delivering smart school management solutions around the world.
Remember how important values were for your school? It’s the same at Compass. Our values guide how and why we work.
- Work to Wow - Dynamic, enthusiastic, motivated: we aspire to break new ground. Guided by research, we constantly iterate and improve to deliver the best solution to meet the needs of our customers.
- Conquer the impossible - When we face challenges together, few problems are unsolvable. We play to each other’s strengths and work collaboratively to achieve our shared objectives.
- Be the School - Teachers and students, principals and admin staff, parents, and guardians: school communities make Compass. They are the reason we work tirelessly to make their lives easier and help them bring their school’s vision to life.
- Are Prepared, and Do it Yesterday - We plan and we prioritise but we are still agile and responsive. We work with passion and urgency, but we measure and consider variables, to deliver a high-quality solution. ‘Be Prepared’ is being ready, not reactive.
What you’ll do:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Work with the team to plan/develop network architecture (WAN and LAN) using a variety of innovative technologies
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution when required
- Provide on-call support on a rotating team roster for outage-level incidents
What you'll bring:
- A proven strong hands-on network experience across multiple diverse sites
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms, and experience in applying networking fundamentals to cloud systems
- Experience with Software Defined Networking
- Good hold on Active-directory, NPS, Radius, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience working with switches at Layer 2 and 3 (Arista, Cisco and / or HP/Aruba)
- Experience with 802.11 Wireless technology (PTP, Cisco, Aruba and / or Ubiquiti)
- A deep understanding of switching fundamentals (STP/PVST, MLAG, LACP etc.)
- A deep understanding of routing fundamentals (OSPF, BGP, IPv4 and IPv6)
- Knowledge of Configuration management (Ansible, Puppet etc.)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostics and network analytics tools
- A solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP model
- Experience working with RTP/SIP applications
- Experience operating BGP in the public internet
What’s in it for you?
- Meaningful work in a rewarding industry that allows you to contribute to a mission that you believe in
- Flexible working culture - flexi-hours, hybrid working environment
- Professional development opportunities & funding
- Parental Leave Program for both primary and secondary carers
- 24/7 access to our Employment Assistance Program (EAP) through the means of face-to-face, live chat and phone support
- Team monthly social events and weekly free lunches (Melbourne)
It is a really exciting time to join Compass. We are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. Compass is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Prior To Commencing Employment, You Require:
- a valid Employee Working With Children Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport, or birth certificate