Cialfo is a leading platform connecting students, higher education institutions and counselors through technology driven solutions. Launched in 2017 with a mission to make education accessible to 100 million students, Cialfo provides a range of mobile and web solutions to students, K-12 institutions and higher education institutions. We’re one of the fastest-growing edtech startups in the region, consistently charting new heights!
Join our hardworking engineering team, who all aspires to enhance their technical skills to innovate real-world solutions in an ever-changing EduTech landscape. We welcome individuals who challenge themselves with crafting our world-class products and engineer next-generation software.Job Description
We are currently looking for a Backend Developer who has a (mild) obsession with Ruby. Self-starters who believe that the sky's the limit, please read on. As a Backend developer at Cialfo, you're deeply technical and hands-on. You'll work with our entire Engineering team, working in tandem with the Business Development and Client Experience teams to grow our College Application Platform for scalability and performance.Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze requirements, the design of technical specifications, developing solutions, problem-solving, testing, implementing and supporting systems.
- Manage projects and communicate project status, issues, risks and resolutions to team members and management in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, evaluate technical solutions and make recommendations.
- Develop and maintain the project, technical and user documentation and ensure version control practices.
- Other related duties as required.
- 4+ years of back-end development experience.
- Exceptional Ruby programming skills.
- Experience with RESTful APIs including designing, implementing, testing and supporting them.
- Good communication and writing skills in English will be an added advantage.
- Comfortable working in an Agile work environment with an incredibly fast pace and a large degree of independence.
Exact benefits vary depending on your location. That said, all full-time Cialfo employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid Annual and Medical leaves
- Flexible working environment
- Medical Health Insurance
- and more...