NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: BARCELONA OR REMOTELY FROM SPAIN
There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Brainly is the largest social learning community in the world, helping over 350 million users each month across our global web and app products. Brainly’s Community team manages the quality and success of millions of students, parents, and teachers every single day. We’re looking for an experienced leader who will serve our team, help them to grow, be a true change agent, and a cross-team facilitator.
In this role you will be:
- Creating process for more than one team (LeSS practices)
- Working with a full skilled team with ownership of process and product
- Cooperating with people open to experimenting with a process
- Working in a data-driven environment
- Shipping products worldwide to 350+ million users monthly
Are you an Agile and servant leadership evangelist?
Are you able to effectively drive the work of remote, cross-functional teams in a matrix organization?
Are you a detail-oriented person who loves focusing on quality and delivery?
Are you passionate about motivating, inspiring, and leading exceptional teams?
Then the fit couldn’t be better!
WHY THE PRODUCT TEAM AT BRAINLY?
- Transform the world of online education by developing products for students, parents, and teachers around the globe — your impact is immediate!
- Utilize the newest technology stack (Google Analytics 360, Google Optimize, Tableau, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) and scrum values to maximize your productivity and make work easier.
- Work with a self-sustainable, cross-functional team that has full ownership of the process and product.
- Contribute to a data-driven environment, experiment constantly, deliver fast and learn even faster.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Goals and Delivery Management
- Assist product team members with any issues, challenges, and impediments
- Define value and set the SMART goals alongside our product management team
- Help the team with estimations, planning, and project execution
- Cooperate with the Product Manager, communicate risks and propose plans on how to mitigate them
- Improve the process of software delivery to make the things happen on time
- Define the roles in the product team and hire the best people to deliver product needs
- Help the team with processes and tools they use
- Build and coach the team to become self-governing
- Look after your people; inspire and motivate them
- Coach the team through rapid growth
- Develop team members' strengths and improve their weaknesses
- Foster values of openness, honesty, and respect as well as a culture of transparency, trust, and failure
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering team management experience (building and enforcing teams by hiring and firing; goals setting; performance evaluation)
- Experience in projects scheduling, planning, and executing with the focus on value and goals achievement (and code-quality of teams’ deliveries)
- Experience in solving problems and seeking compromise
- Experience in cooperating with Product Managers to lead the team in the same direction to achieve business goals and deliver on time
- Experience in managing various internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Fluency in English
- Strong analytical skills
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, conflict resolution, empowerment, and increasing efficiency
- Knowledge of LeSS Framework
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches like Kanban
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, metrics, etc.)
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master Knowledge of Management 3.0
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please check here [https://careers.brainly.com/data-protection].