BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenged the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
We're seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer with a strong background in developing high performance personalized adaptive learning technologies to join our AI & Data Science Department. This diverse group of professionals that include learning scientists, learning engineers, AI/ML engineers, and data scientists, drive the vision and develop the capabilities in support of a comprehensive learning platform featuring personalized and engaging learning experiences aimed to develop key competencies across all the academic domains.
AI/ML enhanced personalized learning is core to our comprehensive learning platform. You and your team will support
the AI/ML needs of all the products and services at BrainPOP. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of AI & Data Science, you will partner with cross-functional leaders to help drive the research and development of personalized learning at BrainPOP. You will be focused on results, be proactive, deliver rigorous personalized learning capabilities, and use data to drive changes in products and services.
In this role, you will:
- Develop high performance, scalable and reliable software solutions for personalized adaptive learning in Python and Python-based AI/ML frameworks
- Develop effective methods of AI/ML model testing during all stages: development, deployment, and recalibration
- Train machine learning models, evaluate performance metrics, and communicate results with visual and statistical aids
- Analyze, visualize, and communicate insights based on large multidimensional datasets
- Utilize best practices for learning technologies software development of high performance systems around design, coding, automated unit and regression testing and deployment
- Work closely with our learning scientists and engineers to define collection events and data transformations needed to drive personalized learning.
- A full-stack software developer energized by leading AI/ML software development to tackle and make progress against complex and ambiguous product roadmaps and business opportunities.
- Highly interactive with others and an effective expert in AI/ML, you are at ease in incorporating new ways of considering a problem into your team's work to strengthen their work.
- Highly motivated to inspire a high profile, high performing team helping the team to prioritize, develop professionally and drive bottom-line impact.
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and functions and have a demonstrated ability to interact at the executive level and effectively manage multiple, often simultaneous, high-priority projects in addition to recurring workstreams.
On your resume:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field (Masters's degree preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in AI/ML software development and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to guide AI/ML-enhanced product planning, prioritization, and strategy development
- Extensive experience with Python and Python-based AI/ML frameworks
- Experience with Docker, SageMaker, TensorFlow models
- Knowledge and practical application of advanced statistical analysis and mathematical modeling concepts and principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team as well as autonomously
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we're making and we're proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work-whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We are able to employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.